Last week I mentioned my lack of firm resolutions and goals. By that I meant plans as specific as “I will sell x stories this year” and so on. They're great aims to have, but generally outside your control.
That doesn’t mean I haven’t made plans for the year. And although I hate the term “journey” (as in “I’m on a journey”), I suppose if I switched on my WPS this is where I’d see myself at right now.
- I have a bunch of notes, scribbles, thoughts and half-baked (or quarter-baked) ideas in my notebook. None of these are ready to go anywhere.
- I have seven or eight paragraphs written (from a couple of years ago) that need a fresh look. They are ready to be made into stories – maybe I’m just not quite ready to revisit them yet.
- I have a couple of stories that need rewrites. I know what’s lacking, I just have to let them bounce around in my skull a while longer.
- I have twelve fully formed ideas that just need to be written. All I need is to make the time to sit down and get into them. At least one of these I’m really excited about.
- I have 7 stories out at markets at the moment. All I need is for those editors to like my stories enough to take them. At least two of those are on hold.
- I have two stories already taken and patiently waiting for their publication in the middle of 2012.
- I have made plans to further my writing this year. Steps have been taken, threats have been made.
Let’s see where the WPS shows me at the end of the year.